I have an incredible sweet tooth. Sometimes it strikes and I need to make something sweet, like, NOW! For those times these super simple Peanut Butter Cookies are the perfect treat!
You probably already have everything you need in your kitchen right now.
- A cup of peanut butter
- A cup of white granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- A dash of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking sheet
- 1 Cup measuring cup
- 1 tsp measuring spoon
- Preheat your oven to 350 Fahrenheit
- Measure out Ingredients into your mixing bowl.
- Mix them together with your fork until it’s all combined well into a dough. If you have a stand mixer or hand mixer, feel free to use it instead. But you’ll still need a fork.
- Scoop out small balls of dough and place them on the baking sheet. The size of the balls dictates the size of cookies. It doesn’t really matter what size you make them, as long as they are all about the same size and thickness.
- Use your fork to press the cookies flat. If you don’t have the criss-cross pattern, the cookies don’t taste as good! True fact, folks!
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes. The size and thickness of your cookies will determine the exact time they need to bake. The edges should look dry when they’re done.
- Let them cool on the pan for 5 minutes. This is important. If you have not burned the cookies, they will still be soft when they are done. If you try to lift them from the sheet right away, they will flop and break all over the place. Don’t do it.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling. If you waited to move them and they are still mushy, just pop them back in the oven for a few minutes. No big deal.
Enjoy your Peanut Butter Cookies!
I’ve been making this super simple recipe since I was in high school. Between the almost always available ingredients and the very few dishes to clean up after, this was the perfect sweet treat to make for me and my dad when we needed a sugar fix.
Also, this is a “husband winning” recipe. I made these cookies the first time I went over to his place. Back when we first met each other and were still trying to impress each other. He told me they were better than his grandma’s and that is saying something!
These simple cookies are absolutely delicious. They are an excellent option for when you need to satisfy a sweet tooth fast. They are also a great quick treat for after school baking with the kids or bringing to a last minute event. Simple, satisfying and so fast! The Peanut Butter Cookies cannot be beaten!
If you’ve got more time and are looking for a sweet treat, check out my No Bake Key Lime Pie!